Integrating the Environment with your Business and our Community
IEMA delivers end to end life of facility environmental management and advisory consulting services. We work with our clients to integrate and achieve positive environmental, business and community outcomes.
IEMA opened in 2018, built around an experienced team with a track record of delivering environmental projects in operational roles, as consultants, and with government. Our approach is underpinned by the principle of assisting our clients to maintain a “social licence to operate” Our broad range of services meaning we are able to assist our clients to meet their many environmental and community obligations.
Our experience spans across a range of sectors including mining, extractive industries, ports, agriculture, industry and government.
Our Values: Health, Safety, Environment & Community
IEMA has an absolute commitment to the health, safety and security of our employees as well as the communities that we work in.
IEMA has an absolute commitment to the health, safety and security of our employees as well as the environment and communities that we work in. We have developed and operate risk-based Safety Management Systems that are complementary to the systems maintained by our clients.
Our commitment to the community is a key business pillar and IEMA has engaged in several initiatives as part of our Community Involvement Plan. Every month, all employees can spend two work hours helping out a charity of their choice, and one employee gets to nominate a preferred charity to receive our monthly company donation. In addition, we currently sponsor a child through World Vision and have raised over $10,000 for Lymphoma Australia and Oxfam through fundraising and donations.
In 2020, IEMA commenced a weekly commitment to support Meals on Wheels, volunteering our time to deliver meals to those in our community who are most vulnerable.
IEMA is also a Corporate Partner of the Hunter Wildfires Rugby Union club that competes in the Shute Shield (men) & Jack Scott Cup (women). Our goal is to support local talent to stay local and play in the premier Club Rugby Union competitions.
IEMA is committed to a zero carbon footprint to help preserve our environment.
To reduce our environmental impact, we use NetNada to calculate and offset 100% of our carbon footprint, as well the carbon footprint of our suppliers. Find out more below.
Our Environmental Sustainability Plan
At IEMA, our commitment to transparency in our sustainability journey is unwavering
Developed with NetNada, our Environmental Sustainability Plan is based on assessment and analysis of IEMA’s business, including:
- An internal review of current IEMA environmental sustainability performance trends and practices
- Benchmarking of IEMA ‘s performance and practices with leading Australian and international peer organisations
- Consultation with stakeholders, including staff, senior leadership and community
- An assessment of material environmental impacts
- Scope 1, 2 & 3 analysis of GHG emissions using agreed emissions factors on our financial data NetNada.
Our 2023 GHG Emissions Report
- Total Emissions: 114.65 tCO2e
- Major Emission Sources Breakdown:
- Fuel (Petrol and Diesel): 11.32 tCO2e
- Entertainment: 9.65 tCO2e
- Rent: 19.36 tCO2e
- Supply Chain: 77.15 tCO2e
- Scope 1: 11.32 tCO2e from fuel consumption. This encompasses emissions from our direct operations.
- Scope 2: 7.56 tCO2e from power consumption. We’re on a mission to shift to 100% renewable energy sources in 2024, aiming for carbon neutrality in energy consumption.
- Scope 3: 95.77 tCO2e. Our aim? We have challenged our top 10 suppliers to collaborate with us for a 15% reduction in emissions by 2024, with a spotlight on supplier and sub-consultant engagement. To help we have offered free consulting time to our key suppliers so we can help them on their sustainability journey.
We have chosen to go beyond and Invest in certified carbon offset project to compensate for unavoidable emissions across our Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, which includes those generated by our suppliers. We will regularly track and report offset progress to maintain transparency and accountability.
We’re more dedicated than ever to our mission of improving energy efficiency and harnessing renewable energy.
We challenge our peers in the environmental management sectors to calculate and publish your carbon emissions and join us in our commitment to a sustainable future.